Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Study Spaces on Campus
This page provides an overview of quiet spaces that can be used to study and take online courses. Library spaces are set up for social distancing and cleaning supplies are available in each area so that you can sanitize the area before and after use.
AU Libraries - Herrick and Scholes
Available any time the library is open:
- Herrick Book End Lounge (3 laptops, 6 spaces total, Printers nearby)
- Scholes Commons PC area (12 PCs, Printers)
Available when no classes are scheduled and the library is open:
- Herrick Commons area (17 PCs, 25 spaces total, Printer)
- Scholes “Classroom” area on main floor (16 spaces, Printers nearby)
Campus Computer Labs
Campus computer labs are currently doubling as spaces for classes. These spaces will be available if no classes are taking place at the time.
Click here for more info, including hours.
- Herrick 120 (10 PCs, Printer)
- Olin 214 & 215 (34 PCs; 8 PCs, Printer)
- Science Center 104 (4 PCs, Printer)
- Seidlin Annex 107 (13 PCs, Printer)
- Seidlin 016 (12 PCs, Printer)
Some of these spaces are available for students studying specific subjects.
- Miller - Spaces that can be reserved by students enrolled in Performing Arts courses:
- Miller 221 (4 spaces)
- Miller 2nd floor by vending machine (1 space)
- Miller Theater 1st floor (5 spaces)
- Perlman 112 - M, W, F 8:30am-2:10pm; Th 10am-3pm for Modern Languages students
- Science Center – 3rd floor lobby and 3rd floor corners (7 spaces)
- Students majoring in Biology, Environmental Studies, and Physics can sign up to use to use the clubhouses/lounges in the Science Center for these majors.
- Seidlin Basement – Student lounge (across from the computer lab; 5 spaces)