Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
How it works
- When you access library resources (databases, articles, electronic books) from off-campus, you are prompted to log in with your Alfred University username and password.
- Enter your Alfred University username (the first part of your email address) and your password.
- After logging in, you should be automatically directed to the database, article, or electronic book you wanted.
The login page will look like this:
How to get help
If you are unable to login, there are a few things you can do:
- If you see the message that appears below, in red, you are entering an incorrect username and password combination. Confirm your username and password combination by contacting Alfred's Information Technology Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or 607-871-2222.
- If you receive a message that the server is inaccessible, you may be working from a location where network adminstrators have blocked access to proxy servers. This is sometimes the case in work settings such as schools. To confirm this problem, try logging in from another location (from home or a public library, for example).
- Sometimes, despite a successful logon, you may be unable to access the resource. There could be a problem with the database, or with locating the item you were looking for. Or, it may be that University Library doesn't have access to the item that you are looking for. In this case, you can use interlibrary loan to request a copy.
- If, after trying the above solutions, you're still unable to access the resource you need, contact Ellen Bahr, Information Systems Librarian, at 607-871-2976 or email@example.com.