Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Quick Guide to Resources
Use Primo to do a basic search for just about anything: articles, books, conference proceedings, theses, and more.
Use the Journal Search tool to find a journal by its title or ISSN.
Use the Databases A-Z tool to go to a specific database. Searching within a database will give you a more focused search than using Primo but your results will be limited to resources within that specific database.
Each database is different and covers different resource types. To learn more about a database or find the right one for you, talk to a librarian.
Government Information Research
This guide will provide you with information about resources available through Herrick Library to help support learning, teaching, and writing research.
The Political Science Librarian provides a number of services including:
- Information literacy and library instruction tutorials
- Resource instruction
- Research support
- Contact for book and journal recommendations
Using this Guide
- Databases - this tab will explain what a database is and provide you with links to some of the most helpful databases for doing general research. You will be able to use these databases to access journal articles, newspaper articles, magazine articles, and more!
- Books - this tab will provide you with tools helpful to finding electronic and physical books inside and outside of the AU Libraries.
- Data - Governments around the world provide statistics and data about their populations. This page highlights mostly United States and European national data.
- Reference - Reference books include encyclopedias, almanacs, handbooks, guides, and maps. They can help you find quick factual information and are a good place to get background information. Use this tab to find out general information about your topic.
Government Information Librarian